I don’t know about you, but sometimes life can feel overwhelming. Like you have all these ideas and dreams and goals, but what do you do about it? How do you laser focus in on something? Some of us were born knowing what we wanted to do in life, and others of us have to explore and try things out. I fall into the latter category for sure. One thing that I learned while attending a personal coaching workshop dramatically changed how I think about guiding myself through problem solving toward achieving my goals. That thing is how to ask powerful questions.
What is a powerful question?
A powerful question is one that is open ended. This means it is not a yes or no question. Powerful questions allow you to think deeply and find the answer by reasoning with yourself. Asking powerful questions allows you to find clarity and think outside the box. It can bring new awareness to a situation and shine light on things in a new way.
How can powerful questions be used?
Powerful questions are often simple. They can change the focus or help you shift your mentality in small ways.
The powerful questions that can change your life:
Let’s get right to it.
These are some of my favorite powerful questions that I know have provided change in my life. My suggestion to you, as you read this list, is to really meditate on each question and try some out on yourself with something you are currently working through.
- Where are you playing it safe?
- What is most important for you to do today?
- How can you become a part of the solution?
- What are you hanging onto that you could let go of?
- What is your favorite way to sabotage yourself?
- What do you want more of?
- What do you want less of?
- How are you really doing?
- What does “enough” look like?
- What does success look like?
- What are you waiting for?
- What would your life be like if you had the courage to do what you know you need to do?
- What are you believing about yourself?
- If not now, when?
- What’s possible?
I love these questions to spark deeper thinking and listening within ourselves. When given deep thought, asking the right questions can really get you unstuck and moving forward in a situation, and maybe provide the change you need!
What questions do you need to ask yourself today?
(That was a bonus one! 😉 )